Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mini Hunter

I came home today at lunch to feed my little chorus of meow-machines and to do a general tidy up (it's like there was a party in the litter tray and I don't mean the kittens). 

I found a little orange mouse toy in the kittens' redundant basket that a nice lady at my local pet store had given to me for free, so I removed it and threw it on the floor.  I served them their lunch a few minutes later and this time there was a voice missing from the preemptive chorus: Mini-Cat was mesmerised by the mouse toy. She was carrying it around in her mouth and wouldn't stop growling! Usually emitting a high pitched squeak, it was strange hearing this tiny little fluffball produce such a deep growl, but nonetheless I couldn't stop laughing. 

I brought her fun to an end and took her to the food bowls and after gobbling up her lunch, she returned to the mouse and continued creeping around the flat tentatively with this mouse in her mouth and growling. The other kittens were quite perplexed and dared not come near her.


In other news, Elliott dashed up my legs and shirt while I was preparing their food, made a two foot leap towards the kitchen countertop, scrambled momentarily (and desperately) on the granite before plopping to the ground. Now, obviously I would have stopped him from falling if I could, but as I couldn't, I had to laugh at his yet-more-courageous attempt at filling that already bulging belly of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment